With the best website builders, creating a website is simple even for beginners. There is no experience required and you don’t have to do any coding. You simply create your site visually with drag-and-drop. More and more people are using site builders to create professional websites. Here is a list of the 10 best website builders you can get compared side by side.
- Over 90 million users
- 500+ templates
- App store
- Responsive themes
- Advanced design features
- Drag-and-drop builder
- Thousands of templates
- Over $100 in extras
- Full eCommerce platform
- Professional themes
- 24/7 support
- Will build your site for you
- Tons of templates
- 3+ million users
- Unlimited disk space and usage
- Free site building tools and online store
- Over $500 in extras
- Drag-and-drop builder
- Responsive templates
- Popular widgets
- Quickly create websites with unique builder
- Fully responsive
- Search engine optimized
- 3 easy steps
- 2500+ templates
- 24/7 customer support
- Easy site builder
- Ready-made layouts
- Image and icon library
Compare these website builders to see which one fits your needs. Trying out a few builders is a great way to see which one you like best. Most offer free versions that let you do this.
Free versions can be good for trying the builder out. However, free versions have limitations you will want to remove eventually by getting a premium plan.
Here is some more detailed information on the top 10 website builders.
Best Website Builder Reviews
Powering over 90 million websites, Wix allows you to easily create a beautiful website. Wix comes with a simple drag-and-drop site builder and over 500 professionally-designed templates so you can get a site up in little time. With the Wix app store, there are virtually endless possibilities for adding features to your site. With Wix plans you get a free domain name, 24/7 support, and quality hosting.
Weebly is a popular website creator with over 30 million users. Easy drag-and-drop lets you create a website without any experience or coding needed. You can choose from a wide variety of professionally-designed themes ranging from business to portfolio to blog. The Weebly app store gives you an incredible amount of features available that you can add to your website. Weebly also features an award-winning support team to help you with any questions you may have.
If you are looking to create a stunning website, eHost is an all-in-one solution. Whether you want to create a blog, e-commerce store, portfolio, or business website, eHost gives you the tools you need to easily get started. This website builder comes with many features including a free domain name, marketing tools, thousands of templates, and over $100 in extras. eHost is trusted by over 1,000,000 users.
Shopify lets you easily set up an eCommerce website and includes many specialized features for doing so. They provide over 100 professionally-designed themes arranged into categories ranging from food & drink to electronics to health & beauty. Shopify provides a complete eCommerce platform that includes features for managing products and inventory, sales tracking, analytics, automatic taxes, shopping cart, and much more. They also provide 24/7 support to help you whenever you need.
Web.com allows you to easily create websites with no coding experience needed. Features include 2,500 templates to choose from, an extensive stock photo library, a free domain name, and more. Web.com also offers a service to build your website for you if you want.
iPage is a feature-rich solution for creating websites. With iPage you get a free domain name, free site building tools including WordPress and the Weebly site builder, and over $500 of included extras. iPage comes with unlimited disk space and email addresses, tutorials, 24/7 support, and a money back guarantee.
Jimdo is a drag-and-drop website builder that allows you to quikcly create stunning websites. Included are responsive templates, statistics, integratable widgets, and search engine optimization. Jimdo also includes features such as a free domain name, online store, and support. Since its inception in 2007, Jimdo has been used to create over 15 million websites.
#8. IM Creator
IM Creator is a unique website builder that lets you create websites in a matter of minutes. The builder allows you to create sites by arranging blocks of content (which they call polydoms) together. The ready made blocks are designed to look good, so creating a professional-looking website site is easy. Websites built with IM Creator are also completely mobile responsive and SEO friendly.
MotoCMS lets you easily create websites ranging from eCommerce stores to personal blogs. The platform features over 2500+ unique templates designed by professionals as well as a drag-and-drop site builder. If you have any questions or need help, MotoCMS has a 24/7 support team.
Site123 is one of the easiest ways to start a professional-looking website. Their drag-and-drop builder helps you get started within minutes. Site123 comes with fully-responsive templates and a free image/icons library. Also, if you want to set up a store, the platform lets you integrate eCommerce and link your PayPal account.
Choosing The Best Website Builder
A good website builder will make creating your site much easier. On the other hand, choosing a low-quality builder can waste time and cause frustration down the road. The number of users a builder has can be a good indicator of its quality, but you should aways test it out to ensure it offers everything you need.
Some basic website builder knowledge will help you make an informed decision. Here is an overview of what you should look for when choosing the best website builder.
What Features Should I Be Looking For?
It is important to choose a website builder that provides the best features for your site. Here are some important points to consider:
- Template Selection: Does the site builder provide a good selection of professional-looking templates? A good template will save you time and will help to give you a better end result. Also, more selection will make it easier for you to find a good fit for your site.
- Features: Look to make sure your builder gives you the features you need for your site. If you want to sell products, makes sure it includes eCommerce. If you need a booking calendar, make sure you can add that. And so on.
- Quality: How good do the templates look? Make sure you look at the selection of templates so you know what’s available. Also, make sure that websites created with the builder are mobile-responsive and search engine optimized (SEO). It also helps to test out the builder to make sure you like it. Most builders allow you to try them for free.
- 24/7 Support: Managing a website can be time-consuming. But with website builders all you have to do is sign up and they take care of the technical stuff for you. Website maintenance and upkeep is taken care of so you can focus on creating your site or running your business. In the event that you ever have a question or issue, it is important that support is available. Make sure whatever builder you sign up with includes a quality support program.
- Pricing: Website builders do everything for you: domain, hosting, design, maintenance, security, etc. You would normally have to get this separately. For all they provide, website builders are generally very reasonably priced. For around $8-12 per month, you should be able to find a feature-rich plan. If you need more, higher priced plans may be available, but generally a normal site won’t need these expensive plans.
Free vs Paid Version?
A free website builder will give you the basics for creating a website. However, there are some downsides with free versions that aren’t suitable for professional sites:
- Non-personalized domain: With free versions you usually do not get a personalized domain name. For example, your domain would look something like this: yoursitename.sitebuilder.com.
- Ads on your site: Free plans often put ads on your site that you can’t remove until you upgrade.
- Limited features: Free versions will often restrict the amount of features you get.
Free versions are fine for trying the builder out to see if you like it. Buy when you launch your site, you should make sure you have a personalized domain name and have removed ads by getting a premium plan.
Ease of Use
Website builders are designed to be very user-friendly and easy to use. There is no experience or coding required. Even a beginner should have no problems building a stunning site with them. Although easy to use, a website builder does not sacrifice any quality. Site builders can handle full-featured commercial websites that get thousands of page views per month.
When choosing the best website builder for you, look at the features it provides, the quality, and the plans offered. Make sure the builder includes key features like responsiveness, SEO, and beautiful templates. The best way to find out if a website builder is for you is to try it out. Most builders have free versions or free trials. However, remember that free versions have restrictions that make them not suitable for professional sites. You can always start with the free version and upgrade when ready. With the right builder, you can easily make a stunning website and get it online in little time.